Thursday, October 25, 2012

Outcry over railway disabled access

yet another story of public transport only servicing a section of the public...

Train stations in Brisbane with no wheelchair access are at the centre of a social media storm sparked by one woman's frustrated Facebook post.
Nearly 1000 people have reacted to Nuala Furtado's comments shared last night after she caught the train with a disabled friend and discovered firsthand the transport challenge her friend faced daily. “We got to [Sherwood] train station and I said, 'oh, this is the suburb that you live in,' and he said 'yes I know but for my entire life that I've been living in this suburb, I've never been able to get off at Sherwood because it's not wheelchair accessible,” Ms Furtado told ABC612 Brisbane this morning.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/outcry-over-railway-disabled-access-20121025-287ef.html#ixzz2AHmMNf5j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...